Saturday, May 17, 2008

a little bit possessive, little miss obsessive, can't get over it.

summer's been fun. Though, I should have started really early in looking for an internship. But whatevs.

I was supposed to have an interview with Lucky magazine this past Wednesday, but on Tuesday the lady called me saying they hired an employee's cousin. such bullshit. Whatever, I have an interview with In Touch Weekly later this month... and have to hear back from GQ. Wish me luck!

I guess this process and/or my mom's snide comments about me only applying to magazine internships has finally got to me. Sure. Yes. If I do work at a magazine I probably won't be making as much if I was working on wall street or whatever.. But to be honest, working at a magazine seems a hell lot more appealing than watching the clickers at the NYSE go by.

What is more important? Having a closet filled with Louboutins or doing what I truly want to do? I mean. Both equals happiness. And who's to say... sure I'll start making $40,000, but I'll move up? And make more money? I mean. It'll be more fulfilling.

I guess?

6 comments:

Richel said...

Good luck with all the interviews!

ROBOTS said...

About Music? HERE !!!

www.electronicrobots.blogspot.com

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I love that ashlee simpson song it's great
can't you believe she got married?
How did you get magazine interviews?
what's the process?
what did you study?
wayy cool
I'm sorry about lucky magazine you are right that is such bullshit!

discotheque confusion said...

how exciting about the interviews lined up!

i'm a firm believer of doing what you love. how can you possibly feel satisfied if you're doing a job you can't feel enthusiastic about.

and of course everybody starts somewhere.

good luck with it all!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all your interviews, just out of curiosity How did you get these interviews? was it through school ( if so which school do you attend??)
Thanks, good luck again!

Jessica Chu said...

I've been searching online for ages. I check craiglist and mediabistro and ed2010. They're great sites for people who want to find great opportunities in working with magazine/publishing/PR.

Good luck!

I haven't really checked out my school's career services because I'm skeptical on what variety they have... my school seems more focused on engineering and business (even though I am a finance major)... but I'll make sure to use that resource too!